We have answers to your questions below
Groupon Redemption Instructions
A. Excellent! We love serving our Groupon customers! 🙂
- To redeem your Groupon simply visit our home page at https://www.surfyoutothemoon.com and select either "Hawaii", "California", or "Florida" and click on "Book Now." or the "Schedule" Button
- Then in Step 1 of the booking process, please put the words "grouponredeem" into the voucher code section
- Type the words : "grouponredeem" in the promo code section
- Then, open your Groupon app on your phone or visit your Groupon dashboard on your desktop, whichever is easier for you, and redeem your Groupons after selecting your chosen date and time on our website
- We will be verifying your Groupon and voucher purchases, if we are unable to validate your Groupons on our end, you will be contacted to retrieve your Groupon voucher codes, otherwise all is well and we will see you on your chosen tour with us 🙂
- If you are still having trouble redeeming your Groupon of if our system keeps asking for your credit card, it is very likely that you did not enter the promo code "grouponredeem" in the first step of the booking process. To solve this problem please press the "back button" of your web browser and attempt once again
You can also transfer your Groupon credit at a later time.
Q. How long are the tours?
A. Snorkel tours are about 1.5 to 2 hours long
Q. What all is included in my snorkel tour?
A. All snorkel tours include your awesome Surf You To The Moon tour guide, your mask, fins and snorkels or whatever equipment would be normally provided for your chosen activity aside from wet suits. Wetsuits are an additional $8 if you book in advance, and $10 if you choose to purchase them at your tour location (this does not pertain to Hawaii or warm water snorkel tours, no need for wetsuits on those the water is super warm!) 🙂
Q. Do we take a boat out there?
A. Nope, except if you are booking our Florida Keys Snorkel Tour 🙂 All tours are just walked up to just from shore, no need to get sea sick on a boat! We will guide you to the best spots, boats can't reach! 🙂
Sea Cave Tours
Q. Can I wear a life jacket on this tour?
A. Unfortunately, you cannot wear a life jacket on the sea cave tour.
Q. Are wet suits included?
A. Yes, we include your wet suit for surf lessons
Q. How long are your surf lessons?
A. 90 minutes total
Q. What is provided? Do I need to bring anything?
A. Your spear, tour guide, and wet suit will be provided. Only thing you need is to purchase your fishing license prior to the tour, usually ranges about $5-8 and can be picked up at any local fishing or sports shop.
Q. Do we take a boat out there?
A. Nope 🙂 All tours are just walked up to just from shore, no need to get sea sick on a boat! We will guide you to the best spots, boats can't reach! 🙂
Q. Do you include the bikes in your bike tours?
A. Yes, bikes are included for your bike tour 🙂
Sold Out Tour and Availability
Q. If the tour I see on the website currently shows no availability, can I still book extra slots for that tour?
A. No, the amount of slots we have available are the maximum slots we can fit on any given tour. We sell out quickly especially during busy seasons for your selected location. Also, safety is VERY important to us and our top #1 priority, so we do not over book our tours and activities.
Q. Do you have an age limit for your tours?
A. At all tours and activities with Surf You To The Moon we recommend our tours an age limit of 8 and up 🙂 But, more importantly it is about water confidence and ability. Use your own judgement before scheduling your tour with children, and consider if they are good swimmers, and which tour to schedule them on. We recommend scheduling your tour based on your water confidence
Q. How long are your tours?
A. All tours with Surf You To The Moon typically last no more than 2 hours unless you specifically booked additional time with our tour guides 🙂
Storage Of Personal Items During My Tour
Q.What do we do with our stuff during the snorkel tours?
A. We will be leaving our stuff where we meet. We recommend leaving valuables in the car. Though we haven't run into a problem with anything going missing, use your own judgement!
Q. Do you have a lock box or anything to store our small items in at the tour?
A. Yes we do have a small lock box to store your smaller personal items in during the tour, but of course we do recommend you leaving them either at home or in your vehicle.
Swimming Ability Questions and Selecting The Right Tour For Me
Q. How do I know which snorkel tour to choose?
1. For first time snorkelers and families with younger children we recommend our San Diego Mission Bay snorkel tour (good for ages 7 and up) During the Bay Snorkel Tour you're in calm waters surrounded by tons of beautiful sea life! Around the bay you'll the Garibaldi the California state fish, Spiney Lobsters, Kelp bass, the occasional octopus and many others!
2. For more intermediate level swimmers we recommend the shark tour, as you will be in open waters you do have to fight the surf a little bit while going out. Here you will stay at depths between 3ft-12ft deep!
3. For more advance swimmers we have our Sea cave snorkel tour! Where you take off in the la Jolla coves and head out to open water of depths between 20-30ft deep as you swim a little over a quarter mile to the first cave. Depending on surf conditions we will then enter the caves and where you will find tons of sea life! The seals like to sleep in the caves and if they're awake will come and take a dip with you! The round trip swimming distance of the snorkel tour is a mile and a half! Though the pace is slow in steady just be prepared for a good exercise!
1. Waikiki Turtle Snorkel Tour - Beginners level to advanced tour, great for kids
2. North Shore Special Reservation Tour - Intermediate to advanced, lots of turtles to see, well worth the drive 🙂
3. West side island Dolphin tour - Advanced swimming ability, but tons of awesome sea life out here, and lots of cool dolphins swimming around if you catch em' early enough 🙂
Our leopard shark snorkel tour is suitable for all swimming abilities 🙂
Cancellations, Rescheduling or Dangerous Surf or Foul Weather Conditions
Q. If I can't make the time for my tour, Can I Reschedule or cancel?
A. Yes of course, just give us a 48 hour heads up by contacting us on our main phone number and please suggest another date and time based on the availability on our website 🙂 . And, please keep in mind cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to your tour will only receive a 50% refund, but you can always receive 100% credit on your Surf You To The Moon account for any activity you wish and it never expires 🙂
Q. What happens if my tour is cancelled or moved due to foul weather/surf conditions?
A. Safety is our #1 priority, that being said, sometimes we need to reschedule or move your tour. If this happens, you have the option to reschedule your tour to a later date or time, apply your balance that never expires for a different Surf You To The Moon activity at a different date or time, or receive a 50% refund if you wish. From time to time this happens with our La Jolla Snorkel Tours or also tours on the North or South side of the Island of Oahu in Hawaii. We keep tabs on the surf and conditions to ensure you have a safe tour and send you text message confirmations in case of a switch.
Q. Can I get trip protection?
A. Trip protection is an additional $3. If purchased, your tour will be fully refundable at any time.We also recommend that you purchase travel insurance HERE
Head Quarters Office Hours
Q. What are your hours of operation?
A. At Surf You To The Moon you can chat with our customer service representatives 24/7 by clicking on the chat icon on the right hand side of the page or please feel free to email us any time. Also, you can call our office with any questions or concerns from 8AM to 5PM Pacific Standard Time, Monday through Sunday at 619-786-6620 or at 1-800-916-2739 at any other time to speak to a representative 24/7 about making a reservation and general questions.